12% increase in fatal and serious injury car crashes in Nashville from July to November 2023 as compared to same period in 2022
NASHVILLE, TN, December 19, 2023 /24-7PressRelease/ — Fatal and serious injury car accidents continue to increase and be a major safety concern in Nashville, Tennessee, posing a major safety challenge. Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers urges the community to embrace safe driving practices as an imperative measure to safeguard our roadways.
The Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security statistics reveal a 12% escalation in fatal and serious injury Nashville car crashes from July to November 2023 compared to the corresponding period in 2022:
• July – November 2022 (242 Fatal & Serious Injury Crashes)
• July – November 2023 (272 Fatal & Serious Injury Crashes)
This unsettling upward trajectory underscores the pressing need for collective vigilance and adherence to responsible driving behaviors. Data from many of the crashes in 2023 show speeding or distracted driving as a primary factor, signifying a disturbing pattern on Nashville roads.
“Distracted driving and speeding, two entirely avoidable factors, demand serious attention from every Nashville driver,” said Lee Coleman, Attorney and Founding Partner of Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers. “The overall rise in fatal and severe injury car accidents is concerning and has dangerous implications for our community. As we begin a new year in 2024, it is crucial that we collectively commit to a resolution: prioritizing safe driving practices on our roadways. By joining together and encouraging community members to practice safe driving, we can put a stop to these distressing statistics and protect the well-being of our friends, loved ones, and all other drivers in Nashville at the same time.”
In the event of being injured in a car crash, it is important to know what you should do in order to protect yourself and loved ones:
• Prioritize Safety and Injuries: Begin by checking for injuries, ensuring the well-being of yourself and any passengers. If there are injuries, promptly call 911 for immediate assistance.
• Seek Medical Attention: It is advisable to seek medical help to uncover potential hidden injuries, emphasizing the importance of a thorough health evaluation.
• Contact the Authorities: Even in non-emergency situations, contacting the police is essential. Dial the Nashville Police Department’s non-emergency number at 615-862-8600. In emergencies, such as significant collisions with medical injuries, dial 911. Also be sure to request a copy of the Nashville police report.
• Secure a Safe Location for Your Vehicle: If it can be done safely, move your vehicle to the side of the road to prevent traffic disruptions. Activate your hazard lights to enhance visibility.
• Exchange Driver Information: Interact with the other involved driver(s) and exchange pertinent information. Include details such as names, contact information, insurance company details, policy numbers, and vehicle specifics (make, model, license plate number). In the case of a hit-and-run incident, be prepared to take additional measures.
• Capture and Document the Scene: Take comprehensive photos of the accident scene, covering all aspects, including vehicle damage, location, and any relevant road signs or traffic signals. This documentation can prove invaluable for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
• Contact an Experienced Nashville Car Accident Lawyer: If your injuries the result of a negligent driver, you need to hire an experienced car accident attorney who will advocate for your needs and work to get you the most money possible by dealing with the insurance company so that you can concentrate on getting better.
Hughes & Coleman has a dedicated team of lawyers committed to advocating for individuals injured in car accidents as the result of a negligent driver. Recognizing the prevalence of such incidents, the firm remains dedicated to representing those who have suffered due to negligence and recklessness, to secure the maximum compensation possible on their behalf, including areas such as pain and suffering, lost wages, property damage, medical bills, and more.
In recent achievements, the Hughes & Coleman team secured a $725,000 settlement for a Nashville man involved in a rear-end collision. Additionally, Hughes & Coleman won a $12 million truck accident verdict for a Nashville resident after a life-altering crash involving a semi-truck.
The Hughes & Coleman team has Nashville car accident lawyers who stand ready to assist those navigating the aftermath of being injured in a car accident. They can provide invaluable guidance on what to do after a car accident in Nashville, Tennessee. Contact an experienced Hughes & Coleman car accident lawyer in Nashville at call 800-800-4600
About Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers:
Hughes & Coleman was founded in 1985 and has recovered over a billion dollars for our clients in Kentucky and Tennessee injured from auto accidents, big truck wrecks, motorcycle accidents, defective medical products, nursing home abuse, slip and fall accidents, and wrongful death. Hughes & Coleman operates 10 offices in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Lora Fisher, Brand Development Director
270-782-6003 ext. 147
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here