Highlights how unique stewardship investing approach promotes real-world change through seven impact strategies
GOSHEN, IN, February 07, 2024 /24-7PressRelease/ — Praxis Mutual Funds®, a leading faith-based, socially responsible family of mutual funds from Everence Financial®, today released its annual impact report. Real Impact 2023 shares specific real-world impacts arising from the Praxis team’s work to fulfill its stewardship investing mission.
“We are proud to celebrate 30 years of serving you, our investors, as you align your faith, values and investments in a way that makes a difference,” writes Praxis Mutual Funds President Chad Horning, CFA® in the report’s introduction. “In this report, our team shares the many ways your participation with Praxis creates ripples of positive impact in communities around the world.”
The report, like the team’s work, is organized around the seven distinct impact strategies that make up the Praxis ImpactX framework:
• Values + ESG Screening. Praxis screens exclude 8-20% of companies in our stock indices.
• Proxy Voting. Praxis voted on nearly 18,000 proposals on behalf of shareholders.
• ESG Integration. Praxis doesn’t just screen out; we also invest in – or invest a higher weight into – companies with better ESG risk/opportunity profiles.
• Positive Impact Bonds. 36% of holdings of the diversified Praxis Impact Bond Fund were invested in impact bonds as of Dec. 31, 2023.
• Company Engagement. Topics include human rights, online child exploitation, the low carbon transition, antibiotic overuse and more.
• Advocacy and Education. Praxis supported three initiatives addressing the SEC, U.S. Government and U.S. House of Representatives on issues of concern to values-driven investors.
• Community Development Investing. Approximately 1% of Praxis Mutual Fund assets are dedicated to high-impact community development investments.
“The team at Praxis works hard to provide investment options that pursue market-level returns while also aligning investors’ faith and values with their investments,” said Mark Regier, Vice President of Stewardship Investing. “This year’s report delves into many key themes for Praxis including encouraging the low carbon transition, addressing inequality and supporting low income and underserved communities and engaging companies on good corporate governance.”
To download a copy, visit praxismutualfunds.com/real-impact.
About Praxis Mutual Funds
Founded in 1994, Praxis Mutual Funds is a leading faith-based, socially responsible family of mutual funds designed to help investors integrate their finances with their values. Praxis is the mutual fund family of Everence Financial, a comprehensive faith-based financial services organization helping individuals, organizations and congregations. To learn more, visit praxismutualfunds.com and everence.com, or call 800-348-7468.
Consider the fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before you invest. The fund’s prospectus and summary prospectus contain this and other information. Call 800-977-2947 or visit praxismutualfunds.com for a prospectus, which you should read carefully before you invest.
Mutual fund investing involves risk. Principal loss is possible. The Fund’s investment strategy could cause the fund to sell or avoid securities that may subsequently perform well, and the application of ESG (environmental, social, governance) and/or faith-based screens may cause the fund to lag the performance of its index.
Praxis Mutual Funds are advised by Everence Capital Management and distributed through Foreside Financial Services, LLC, member FINRA. Investment products offered are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and have no bank guarantee.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here